Monday 8 May 2017

Rosy make up look

I have noticed around spring and summer I tend to get a bit more playful with my make up routine. Normally I go for the no make up - make up look, where I just wear minimal amount of very nude and warm tones. But as spring arrives and everything gets more colourful, I feel more energized and like to experiment with different techniques and products. I love different shades on pink and thought I would try to add that to my face as well.
I spend most of my time building the base. Before foundation I apply tons of different products just so my base would be as even as possible. For someone who suffers from dry skin and the tone is ten different shades of red, I couldn't survive without Clinique's Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base that helps to even out my skin tone and reduces any redness (it also has SPF!).
Like probably a lot of others, my pores are slightly larger on the nose and chin area, and that's when Maybelline's Baby Skin Instant Fatigue Blur in apricot comes handy. It helps to make pores less visible and makes adding foundation so much easier.
The last couple of months I have been switching with a couple of foundations but Maybelline's Fit Me has been my go-to product. It's easy to blend, especially when using my absolute favourite foundation brush from Zoeva. Their 103 Defined Buffer is so gentle on the skin.
Concealer is definitely something I could not live without. For this look I used Maybelline's Fit Me concealer just to hide any red marks and my awful under eye circles. Looks like I didn't do such a good job with it, but to be fair, they are seriously dark and the skin around is super dry and I try to avoid the cakey look.
For rest of the face I don't spend much time. I quickly draw my brows with Rimmel's Brow This Way Eyebrow Sculpting Kit. I'm long over-due getting my brows done, but this has saved me so many times. Although this brush from Body Shop is meant for eyeliner, I use it for brows as I think it does a better job at that. 
I haven't used Maybelline's 24h Color Tattoo in such a long time and I was super excited to use it again. Underneath I applied Mary Kay's eye primer, although this shadow doesn't necessarily need it as it really does stay. 
I'm not much of an eyeliner gal, and this product reminded me why. Rimmel's Scandaleyes Thick&Thin is probably the most painful product I have ever used. The tip was solid and felt like poking my lashline with a needle. Plus it didn't have the biggest pigment. I don't think I will be using it again. 
L'oreal's Miss Manga is my all the time favourite and go-to mascara. For someone whose lashes are blonde and short, I didn't know my lashes could look so stunning. I could actually see them! I do have to curl them though.
Last but not least, I add  blusher and highlighter and finish the look with a lipstick. For this look I tried to avoid using powdery products as I wanted some extra glow.
This Body Shop's Lip&Cheek Velvet Stick is one of my favourites. It's very subtle but still adds nice peachy colour to cheeks. You can also use it as a lipstick which is always a plus. Gotta love a good multiuse product.
As for highlight I have been trying to use up this Seventeen's Skin Wow! 3 Way Highlighter. It's older than I like to admit, but still does the job. Now I'm on a hunt for different liquid highlighter, so if you have any recommendations, let me know. I add this to high points of my face and sometimes even mix it with my foundation.
Lipstick makes such a difference to any make up look, and because this was more on the rosey side, I chose this MaxFactor's Colour Elixir Lipstick in the shade English Rose. I think it suited me better when my hair was blonder, but it's still one my most used lipsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment